I was tagged by the lovely Hannah to do the Ultimate Book Tag! I know I’ve been doing a lot of tags but I have my ACOMAF review coming up very soon, don’t worry! I have a schedule now, tags and miscellaneous will be posted on a Monday and reviews are on a Thursday. If there are any posts between then, it probably advocate related posts or cover reveals etc.
Anyway, here are the questions!
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I don’t, actually. I used to when I was younger but not now. I read on my way to school so, I’ve gotten used to it!
- Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Oh gosh, I don’t know.
- Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Ten points to your Hogwarts house if you know what that is from!
Twilight had its good and bad points, but I still enjoyed reading it and being obsessed for ages when I was a teen. #TeamEdward
- Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I have a handbag or tote bag normally, but I always have a book. I also carry my phone, headphones, wallet and my favourite red lippie. Sometimes a bottle of water if I’m being good.
- DO you smell your books?
Who doesn’t? They smell so good!
- Books with or without little illustrations?
I kind of love books with illustrations, especially at the beginning of the chapter. Like The Mime Order has little Moths and some editions of Harry Potter have little illustrations too. I think it’s cute and gives the book character
- What book did you love while reading but discovered it wasn’t quality writing
- Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
When I was four I took my picture book to the toilet with me (apparently) because I wanted to see what happened! I don’t know if this is true, but my mum mentions it to me every now and then.
- What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Does On The Merits count? If not, probably The Wizard of Oz by Braum
- What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. It’s HUGE!
- Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
No no no. I can’t write. I wish I could but I don’t have the talent, unfortunately. But not every reader has to be a writer, although it would be nice to create worlds as well as read them.
- When did you get into reading?
I started learning how to read at around 2 ½ or 3. I was stupidly young but I was reading Harry Potter at 5 (mind you, I liked the movie more at the time. I hadn’t read any chapter books that big before) so, I don’t really remember a time I was reading. I think I was about 6 before I read a whole Harry Potter book, and it wasn’t the first one!
- What is your favourite classic book?
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. I have two copies, I love it so much, it stemmed from my love of the musical. There was a time when I had to read and know everything about Phantom. I had a pretty sad high school experience.
- In school what was your best subject?
Drama/Musical/music. I love acting and singing and I’d still do it today if I could.
- If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
If it was nicer than the edition I already had: keep it and donate my old one. If it was the same, I would be thankful, but donate it at a later time. Gotta share that bookish love (unless it’s the Bone Season in which case I’m keeping it).
- What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I… Don’t know. I don’t think I have one
- What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Forget to post. I am so sorry guys, I’m trash but I’m working on it.
- What is your favourite word?
Supercalifragalisticexpalidosouce (and I can say it backwards. My only talent)
- Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
All of them?
- Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies! I’ve always loved Fairie.
- Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I like the idea of both of them
- Spirits or Werewolves? Why
Both again. I like both.
- Zombies or Vampires? Why?
I HATE zombies, so Vampires.
- Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Both depending on the context, love triangles can be so annoying.
- And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes. I’m not a romance book type of person but I also like having romance in a story. That being said, I am looking forward to This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab because there is no romance! Thank you!
Now you know a little bit more about me, and I tag anyone who wants to have a go. There are pretty interesting questions.
Let me know in the comments if you have a book that is like the Hunger Games or Harry Potter that you think I should read!
Until next time (which will be Thursday and shall include Rhysand), I hope you have a pleasant day/evening.